The Pen is mightier than the Sword

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

STUDENT ASSAULTED BY COLLEGE PRINCIPAL

THE ASIAN AGE (SEPT 2002)

By Skimmy Gupta


A F.Y.J.C student of K.K.V College,Village Road, Bhandup, was assaulted by the principal allegedly for wearing jeans to the college on 3rd September.Louiza Lobo,a 18 year old resident of Bhandup was beaten badly on her hands by A.B Mule,the college principal with dandia sticks.She is so traumatized by the incident that she has stopped going to the college since that day.At present she is approaching the women cells,education ministry to get some help and justice.

Louiza narrated the whole story to The Asian Age, “During college admission on 3rd July,it was not specified that jeans etc are prohibited.I confirmed with the principal and he said that there were no such dress restrictions.Suddenly on 30 th August ,he decided strict Punjabi dress for girls and boys will only wear shirts and trousers.Coming from low family,I cannot afford new Punjabi dresses and have only couple of jeans and clothes .On 3 rd September,I went his office requested him to allow me wear such dresses.But he suddenly brandished out dandia sticks and started hitting me hard on my thumb bones and the hands.He also abused me in the filthiest of languages.Even when my sister tried to mediate in the matter,he even abused her.He further threatened saying he will issue her a leaving certificate with a red mark.Also he said angrily that if I continue in this college,he will make my life miserable.”

Louiza added, “Though it was not affordable but still I paid Rs.2500/- as donation.That was also not told before hand.My both parents are bed stricken and we two sisters run the house by taking tuitions and working as receptionists.This man destroyed my career ,money and has put a question mark on my future. I have launched several complaints in Bhandup police station but no action has been taken.My hands have still not healed and bones are weak and paining.What is my fault ,will somebody tell me ?”

Deepak (name changed) ,K.K.V college student said, “I can only afford only 1 jeans and 2 t-shirts .From last 4 days ,he is not allowing me to enter the college.What should I do in this case beg,borrow,steal to comply with his wishes.I think I will have no option but to leave the college.”

Police sources reveal that Mule was a former police official .PSI S.Lombte ,Bhandup Police station said, “ I will definitely look into the matter .the girl need not be afraid of anyone.No one is permitted to go against the law.Anytime she can approach us with her complaints and we will definitely take speedy and strict action against the principal.”

A.B Mule,principal,K.K.V College admitted he hit Louiza with a stick as he told The Asian Age,“It is my college and I can do whatever I want.So what if I have given a beating when no student listens to me?If I have whacked her 2 sticks ,what’s the big deal?As per the dress code of the college ,the students should ask at the time of admission and it is not our duty to tell them.As far as jeans are concerned ,I hate jeans and t-shirts and after wearing such clothes all students become characterless.Whosoever will not listen to me he /she will get a beating.As far as Louiza is concerned let her go to any extent.I will try to give the school leaving certificate in 4 days if she puts an application now.”

Jaya Menon,advocate high court commented,“Beating is a criminal offence and noone has a right to do so in a democratic country.Since the girl is major she is entitled to register police complaint and if due to some reason police action is not taken,she on her own can file a written complaint with magistrate of the jurisdiction.In such cases ,imprisonment is upto 2 years followed by penalty.”

Deshle ,deputy director (Education) was not available for comments.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At February 17, 2010 at 2:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Established in 1997, St. Gregorious Edu-Guidance is a leading education consultancy services providing exemplary service to students all over India. We deal in Admissions to all major professional courses in Premier Institutes across India. We are your one step solution for all career related needs, it may be MD, MBBS BE, BTech (ALL BRANCHES), , MDS, BDS, BPharm, BArch, MBA, MTech, MS, , PhD or any other courses. We provide personalized career solutions on an individual basis keeping in mind the aspirations of our client as well as the affordability factor.
    FOR ALL CAREER RELATED NEEDS CONTACT US :
    St. Gregorious Edu-Guidance,
    #2, 2nd Floor,
    J J Complex, Above Chemmannur Jewellers,
    Marthahalli - P O,
    Bangalore - 560037
    Karnataka
    e-mail :jojishpaily@gmail.com
    Contact: +91 9448516637
    +91 9886089896, +91 9449009983
    080-32416570, 41719562

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home